Office Intern (multiple openings)
The United States Catholic Mission Association (USCMA) seeks interns for our office in Washington, DC. USCMA is a nonprofit, membership association of mission-sending and mission-minded organizations and individuals. USCMA provides a forum in which people with a variety of experiences in mission can welcome, celebrate faith, inspire, educate and challenge one another to continue growing in our efforts to further the mission of Jesus.
Requirements: The ideal candidate should be proficient in the use of computers and the internet, have strong verbal and written skills, and a positive attitude. A familiarity with the Catholic Church’s teachings, structures, and organizations is preferred. Mission and/or service experience is a plus.
Interns will work closely with the Executive Director and a small staff under the guidance of the Associate Director. Main areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering Mission related news stories and Missioner/Sending Organization activities for USCMA publications.
- Assisting with the “Faces of Mission” blog series and other projects aimed at spreading a greater understanding of Mission to our members, friends, and guests.
- Taking part in the planning and execution of our Mission Conference (October 24-26, 2014).
Other areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating in the creation and production of conferences and events.
- Assisting in the development of print and online publications and media.
- Assisting in the day to day operations of the office, including mailings, answering telephones, etc.
Your schedule as an intern will be based on your academic schedule, but will take place during USCMA’s normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm). The only exception to this general rule takes place during our Mission Conference, should you be able to join us, based on your academic schedule.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter by email or mail to:
Stephen Scott, Associate Director
United States Catholic Mission Association
3025 4th St. NE, Ste. 100
Washington, DC 20017
Tel: (202) 832-3112
USCMA is a national coalition of organizations and individuals dedicated to mission. It promises members opportunities to convene, connect, and collaborate on efforts to advance mission and global solidarity. It cultivates the missionary spirit in the U.S. Catholic Church. Blessed with Jesus’ vision of the Kingdom of God, USCMA implements its national mission through the values of respect, collaboration, and solidarity.